The iBusiness Times

Our thoughts on world business, entrepreneurship & the government in business, all published here on The iBusiness Times

ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED OR ACTED UPON. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGES CAUSED.

Wednesday 2 April 2014

The iBusiness Times Ranks Top 3: Financial Information Platforms

It is important for investors to log their moves in the market, be it to monitor the change in their investments, or to log and graph their portfolio growth. There are many online softwares to do that, but The iBusiness Times, ranks top 3!

1. Google Finance Yes, Google Finance. I know this may be the one right out front when you search anything about shares on Google, but after comparing this with others, I have to say it definitely deserves first place. I could be buying blue chip stocks or less known ones, however Google Finance makes sure to know it all. For example, right from the very minute I log onto this site, finance news in the main part of the page, my most recent viewed quotes down the left and the world markets down the right. So everything just starts there. It is slick and informative. If I go through the trouble of scrolling down the page slightly, I can see how the markets are doing based on sectors. So is the automotive sector mostly gaining or losing. So really, I have seen the quotes of my recent visits now, been updated on the news, found out how the markets are doing all around the world from Japan to Europe, and checked the Forex markets as well as the Bonds. I have also checked how the individual sectors are doing, before I have even opened my portfolio. Now I can choose to see more news, go to my portfolio or go to the stock screener which allows me to compare and contrast my investments or investments to be. 
Now this is the part that really got me interested:
I can go to almost any company listed on the stock exchange on Google Finance, any company, even the smaller ones, it gives me the stock price and interactive charts, has the news associated with that company, and small list of events associated with the company like earnings releases etc., the address of the headquarters and even a list of the top officers and directors of the company!

2. CNNMoney CNNMoney is an amazing platform for business and market news, information, stock quotes and price updates! It is very simple to use, clearly laid out and is very interactive and catchy to the readers eye. Once more, as soon as you log on you are welcomed by the up to date news, along with currencies and global markets. You can keep your portfolio, and look for stock information too. I must say the stock information is very good. CNNMoney gives you:
  1. The Current trading information
  2. The financial details about revenue and growth
  3. The competitors and their stock quotes
  4. The next earnings release date and last earnings release results
  5. The profile and top executives of the company
  6. The forecasts of the company's share
All this information is both useful and interesting to know! CNNMoney comes in at second!

3. Yahoo Finance This one was a given, mainly as Yahoo Finance is one of the few features of Yahoo keeping it alive. Yahoo Finance is simple, allows you to keep a virtual portfolio (or real if you are investing) and shows you when the earnings release are happening. Like Google Finance, it shows me the information and news of the day. 
The thing that appealed to me about Yahoo Finance, was that you can trade straight from it! There is the "Trade" option, which allows you to sign in or open an account in some online brokers, and trade straight away!


No comments:

Post a Comment